2020 Tradition Pinot Noir

2020 Tradition Pinot Noir

Our Tradition Pinot Noir is a whole cluster selection from our own-rooted Homestead vines. In 2020, we fermented with 60% whole cluster. The remaining 40% of fruit was de-stemmed on top of the whole cluster which gives the resulting wine a more robust structure, as well as savory notes. This wine was then aged for 11 months in 20% new French oak. 

 A nearly ideal growing season with lower yields meant that the wines of 2020 were poised ot be concentrated, complex and world class. Right at harvest time, wildfires swept the valley. However, thanks to the famous winds of our namesake Van Duzer Corridor, the smoke blew off before affecting the grapes and we were able to make incredibly delicious wines that we can't wait to share with you. If you've wondered about the 2020 harvest and hesitated, we encourage you to try our 2020 vintage...we think you'll be pleasantly surprised. 

On the nose, you'll find the contrast between the ripe fruit profile and the savory notes of cocoa, clove and cigar box from the whole cluster fermentation. Refined tannnins and rich notes of blackberries and blueberries on the palate lead to a long finish. Only 50 cases produced! 

In Stock
Add To Cart
$65.00
 
SKU: 20PNTR
Wine Specs
Vintage
2020
Varietal
Pinot Noir
Appellation
Van Duzer Corridor
Alcohol %
13.5